Part 1: Prepare your file for upload
Before you upload your users, you'll need to prepare a file that lists out all of the users you'd like to invite. Our system requires that the file follows a particular format, and all of the specifications are listed below. If you are only planning to invite a single user, please skip the below and follow the instructions listed under Part 2.
- Your list must include three required pieces of information for each user: email address, first name, and last name.
- These required fields must be listed as individual columns in your file in the order listed above.
- Optionally, your file can include a fourth column in which you may include a unique ID number such as a student ID number or CRM ID.
- Your file should not include a label/header row.
- Your list must be saved as a CSV file.
- If you have the mentoring program All of the users in your file must have the same role, meaning it must include advisees only, advisors only, or users being given access to both roles only. If you have advisees and advisors that need to be invited at the same time, this should be done using two separate lists.
Part 2: Upload users
- Select “Users” from the menu options on the left side of the admin dashboard.
- Click “Add Users.”
- Select the option that says "Multiple" o Alternatively, you can click the option that says "Individual" to manually invite a single user. Skip steps 4 and 5 below and follow steps 6 through 9 to complete this process.
4. Click the "Choose File" button to attach your list and then click "Continue."
5. If there are any errors in your file, such as duplicate or incomplete email addresses, they will be listed on the next page. You'll need to correct the errors in your CSV file and then re-upload it using the steps above. If there are no errors, you will be asked to confirm that your information is listed in the correct columns before clicking "Continue."
- If you have the mentoring program - Select the role that you'd like to assign to the users on your list--Advisee, Advisor, or Both.
7. We recommend that you keep the "Send Welcome Email" option selected so that the users on your list receive an email which notifies them that they have been invited to join your platform and includes a unique registration link. Choose the welcome campaign you'd like to use from the dropdown list and then click "Continue". If you've created custom welcome campaigns, they will show up in the dropdown list. See Creating Custom Welcome Campaigns for more information.
8. Click the "Advanced Settings" button if you would like to add all of the users on your list to one of your affinity groups, include an internal note, or set a graduation year for the users on the list. Please note that users will be asked to indicate their graduation year upon registration, so this detail will be captured then.
9. Confirm that everything shown on the last page is correct and then click "Add Individuals." Depending on the number of users, uploading may take some time to process. While processing, you can continue to use the application or return at a later time. Once processing is complete, the users that were just invited will receive a welcome email and will appear in the list on the Manage Users page. For a large user upload, you may receive a confirmation email that includes a detailed breakdown.